20 Amazing Mobile Phone Facts for 2018
14th January 2018
Stun your friends, and maybe win a million on a game show, with these awesome facts about mobile phones!
- Your mobile phone has more computing power than the computers used for the Apollo 11 moon landing.
- Mobile phones have to “work harder” to get a signal if you are in a moving vehicle.
- The first mobile phone was made in 1973.
- The first mobile phones that went on sale in 1983 cost nearly $4,000 each.
- In 2012 Apple sold 340,000 phones per day.
- 4 out of 10 Brits admit to snooping on their partners phone.
- Out of the 53% of snoopers that found incriminating evidence on their partner’s phone, 5% went on to terminate their relationship.
- Waterproof mobile phones came to market because Japanese youngsters like to use them in the shower.
- Apparently mobile phones have 18 times more bacteria on them than toilet handles!
- Phubbing describes the act of snubbing someone by using your mobile phone in their company.
- In 2015 more people died from taking selfies than shark attacks.
- Teenagers that use a phone more than 2 hours a day increase their risk of depression and anxiety.
- Nomobophobia is severe anxiety caused by the thought or act of losing your phone or running out of battery.
- Mobile phone radiation has been linked to infertility, headaches, insomnia and tumours.
- 100,000 mobile phones are dropped down the loo in the UK every year.
- The average person unlocks their mobile phone 110 times a day!
- Manufacturers of mobile phones actually state in their small print that phones should be used at least 25mm away from the head to reduce the risk of ill health from mobile phone radiation.
- Over 90% of adults have their phone within arms reach at all times.
- More people in the world can access a mobile phone than they can a toilet!
- The most expensive mobile phone in the world was made from gold and diamonds and cost $15 million.